If you have questions about Create My Lasting Memories and creating your DVD photo montage, please browse our FAQ's.
If we haven't answered question or if you would like to discuss our services,
please contact us.
Open AllClose All
- How do I begin?
- Go to our Outline for Creating an Impressive DVD Photo Montage page. Create My Lasting Memories provides information from pre-planning to presenting your prized DVD photo montage.
- How much does it cost?
- Unlike other production companies who offer low package prices and charge extremely high prices for photo scanning, Create My Lasting Memories offers packages with all of the extras that make a slideshow unique and special, our package prices include scanning music, show length, menus, digital photos, special-effects transitions, captions, titles, photo editing, video clips, DVD cases and labels. We even provide discounts for every digital photo you send. Detailed costs can be found on the Pricing Information page.
- How long will it take for my completed order to be returned?
- Unless you specified to have your order “Rushed”, the estimated time for production completion is 2 weeks from the date we receive your materials, depending on the package ordered. Extremely complex or large orders may take longer. If you need your order completed and returned in less than 10 business days, please contact us before ordering.
- What if I don't organize my materials?
- Please try and organize your material before you send them as it will make for the best slide show. Only you know the order you'd like the photos shown. However, if you don't organize them, we'll try our best and generally will put them in what appears to be chronological order.
- What size photos can I send?
- We can work with any size photo up to 8x10's.
- Can I send you digital photos?
- Yes, digital photos can be used. Please send your photos in .jpg format with no less than 300 dpi. and burn then onto a CD or emailed. Digital photo file names should be renamed to the photo sequence number (ex. 001.jpg, 002.jpg, etc.) Digital photos shot with a less than 3 megapixel camera will have degraded quality and are not recommended. Digital camera resolution setting should be at medium-to-high, camera's lowest resolution settings will NOT be acceptable.
- If I send digital photos, which format do you prefer?
- It is best to send your digital photos in .jpg format, but we are also able to accept .tiff, .bmp and .eps files.
- Can I pre-scan the photos myself and send them to you?
- If you wish to send pre-scanned photos, there are specific requirements which must be met for the photos to be included in our DVD photo montages.
We use professional scanning equipment and encourage you to send original photos allowing us to scan them at the proper resolution. This will ensure your photos will look their absolute best. If you have questions about the acceptability of your digital or pre-scanned images, please contact us.
- Photos sized 3x5 or larger must be scanned at a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Photos smaller than 3x5 to "wallet" size must be scanned at a resolution of 600dpi.
- Photos smaller than "wallet" size must be scanned at a minimum of 800dpi.
- Slides and film negatives must be scanned at a minimum of 1600 dpi.
- Can I have copies of the photo files that you have digitally scanned for my photo montage?
Create My Lasting Memories provides a corrected photo DVD on Legendary Photo Montage packages of all photos we scan at no additional cost.
- Can I send photos to you still in their frames or scrapbooks?
- Please remove photos from the frames or scrapbooks prior to sending to us.
- Will you digitally crop my photos?
- We will crop photos, if necessary, to give you the best look possible.
- What does it mean to have my photos cropped?
- Cropping means to cut out part of the photo to either center and/or level out the subject matter.
- Can you fix my damaged photos?
- We are able to digitally correct most minor flaws such as;
The quality of your photos can be improved to a certain degree by correcting the problems listed above, however, the quality of the corrected photo will depend on the severity of the original photo. See our Photo Repair and Restoration page for samples.
- Red-eye correction
- Slight blurriness
- Color / Tint / Contrast imperfections
- Minor tears / folds
- Small amounts of lens dust
- Minor spots / fingerprints
- What does it mean to have my photos color/contrast corrected?
- Older photos can fade over time, losing much of the original colors. Create My Llasting Memories corrects both the color and contrast for the optimum photo quality. We also adjust photos that have not been properly exposed or taken under difficult lighting conditions.
- What do you mean by minor damage repair?
- Some photos, especially older ones may have small scratches, creases or spots. Some of these can also be repaired.
- What is red-eye removal?
- You may have seen this condition in photos, those evil looking red eyes. We can easily correct the red-eye condition.
- Do you offer major professional photo restoration services?
- Create My Lasting Memories does NOT offer major professional restoration services. If your photos have suffered severe damage, we strongly recommend that you consult a professional photo restoration company prior to submitting your photos for insertion in your DVD photo montage. The overall, final quality of your photo montage is directly related to the original quality of the photos which are sent to us.
- Can you work with other print material besides photos?
- Yes, Create My Lasting Memories can also use other types of paper media that can be digitized on our flatbed scanners. This would include items such as announcements, newspaper articles, brochures, flyers, ticket stubs, cards and letters, licenses or just about anything you can imagine.
- Will I need to watch the DVD on a computer only?
- No, the DVD photo montage we create can be watched with a set-top DVD player or a computer equipped with a DVD-ROM drive. Just insert the DVD disk into the DVD player and play to watch on the TV. Note, DVD players generally older than 3 years don't play Recorded DVD's well.
- Do I have to manually forward the slides?
- No, our slideshows play as a regular movie with a DVD menu screen. Once you press play button your movie begins.
- Can I create scene selections in a DVD just like “Hollywood” style movies?
- Yes, Create My Lasting Memories can create a menu that points to individual scenes of the DVD. You will be able to select the scene you desire to watch, and play it.
- Where do you get the music from?
- You may send us any of your personal CDs you may wish to include in your photo montage. We will NOT retain copies for future use.
- What is the best way to send my photos, music, and video tapes to Create My Lasting Memories?
- We recommend that you use carriers with tracking capabilities, such as FedEx or UPS. These carriers offer Pickup service as well. We have had excellent experience with FedEx ground service. However, if you would prefer to use express or overnight service for the return shipping and are willing to assume the additional cost, we will honor your preferences.
- Will all of my original materials be returned to me?
- Anything you send to Create My Lasting Memories (photos, slides, negatives, paper media, music CDs, photo CDs, video tapes, etc.) will be returned to you with your completed order. We do not keep or discard anything which is sent to us by you, and we handle your possessions with the greatest of care at all times.
- How do I know you will return my photos in the same condition as you received them?
- We know how important your photos are and we understand why you would be worried. Photos are irreplaceable and the memories they evoke. We treat them as if they are our own. To this day, Create My Lasting Memories has never lost or damaged any photo entrusted to us. We guarantee your photos will be returned to you in the same condition as we received them, unless something catastrophic happens that is out of our control.
Due to the shipping process being totally outside our control, we do need to ask you to sign a waiver on our order form that absolves us of any responsibility for your materials during the shipping process.
- Will you keep a copy of my DVD?
- Create My Lasting Memories will keep the master of your DVD on file for a period of 12 months, for purposes of re-ordering unless you specify that we don’t.
- Can I order additional copies of my DVD photo montage?
- Yes, at the time of purchase you can order additional copies of your DVD photo montage. Create My Lasting Memories will keep master of your DVD on file for a period of 12 months and you may re-order any time during that period. You can even send your family and friends to our website to re-order for themselves!
- Why donít you use DVD adhesive labels?
- Labels are fine for short-term use on CDs. That's about it. DVDs are more susceptible to the unbalancing forces that occurs when labels are applied, even 1/2mm off-center. DVD label stompers can't get it perfect. So when you label DVDs, you take a bigger risk that the DVD won't spin right.
The bigger problem comes from the labels themselves, a layer of paper over a layer of adhesive. We know adhesive does not age well, turning yellow, hard, and peel off. That will eventually happen with the DVD labels. And as the paper ages, it will become brittle and may warp & lift, separating from the old adhesive and possibly damaging the DVD player. Paper DVD labels have much less longevity than the DVD media does, so you're limiting the DVD lifespan. The DVD label will eventually make the DVD unusable before the DVD natural life span is up.
All DVD art is printed directly on high quality DVD media with our professional photo printer.
- Is there a difference between DVD cases and CD cases?
- The center hub of a DVD is more fragile than that of a CD. Unlike CD’s, DVDs are made of two discs bonded together using a spin coating process. Sometimes this manufacturing process does not always completely bond the center hub of the DVD. This does not mean the DVD is bad, care should always be used when removing DVDs from cases. Additionally, storing DVD’s in an incorrect case may cause the hub to crack, damaging the DVD. At Create My Lasting Memories, we only use DVD approved cases for your photo montages.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Create My Lasting Memories accepts personal checks, money orders, or credit card payments through PayPal. You are not required to have a PayPal account to purchase from us.
- Can correction be made after I approve my photo montage?
- We offer 1 free online review of your photo montage before your movide is finalized. You can make minor adjustments before we complete your movie.
- I have some specific questions that I want answered. How can I go about it?
- You can contact us and we will be glad to answer all your questions.